About the college
J.S.S Institute of Speech and Hearing has been one of the new family members of JSS Mahavidyapeeta. At present it is having B.Sc & M.Sc. Speech and Hearing degree courses, affiliated to the University of Mysore and also recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India, Govt. of India. With a large percentage of people affected with speech, language and hearing disabilities, the need for professionals to attend to this problem has been increasing. This is a professional course to train Speech and Hearing specialists i.e., Speech Pathologists and Audiologists. J.S.S Institute of Speech and Hearing was established in Mysore, with the objective of training clinical facility, research and public education the institute as well equipped labs, library with inter net facilities, journals and latest books.the clinic in the hospital is providing good exposures to verities and god number of cases to the students.
- M.Sc (Speech and Hearing)
- B.Sc (Speech and Hearing)
For M.Sc (Speech and Hearing)
- Duration of the course : 2 years
- B.Sc (Speech and Hearing) or equivalent with a minimum of 50% Marks. (Based on Eterance test and B.sc Marks
For B.Sc (Speech and Hearing)
- Duration of the course : 3years+ 1year internship
- Candidates who have obtained a minimum of 50% (45% in case of SC/ST Candidates) in science group in PUC or 10 + 2 or any equivalent examination and having studied at least three subjects from among Physics, Chemistry, Biology and / or Mathematics or any other combination are eligible for admission. (Based on merit i.e PUC or 10 + 2Marks)
- This institute is attached to the parent hospital viz., JSS Hospital, Mysore with 1100 beds.
- A well equipped library with latest books and journals.
- A digital library with Internet facility.
- Excellent laboratory facilities
- Provides Hostel facilities seperately for both Boys and Girls.
- Wide variety of cases & clinical exposure during training for the students.
Admission is on Merit & First come First serve basis.
Admission Commences : For B.Sc 1st week of June , For M.Sc 2nd week of April
Last date for admission : For B.Sc 5th September, For M.Sc 15th June
|How to apply?
- Download, Print & fill Application Form.
- Draw a DD of Rs 350 for B.Sc(Speech and Hearing) and Rs. 500/- for M.Sc(Speech and Hearing) in favour of The Director, JSS Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore payable at Mysore.
- Send Application along with the DD to:
The Principal, J.S.S. Institute of Speech & Hearing Oooty Road, Mysore - 570025 .
Documents to be furnished
- SSLC marks card & T.C for age proof,
- Second PU or 12th Std equvivalent marks card,
- Physical fitness certificate,
- Migration certificate for non-karnataka students
|Course contact person
J.S.S. Institute of Speech & Hearing
Oooty Road, Mysore - 570025,
Cell: 96866 77217
Fax : 2548230
|Tell a Friend